Wednesday, July 3, 2019

I Will Believe It When It Happens

And so, just over two months since my li'l tumor, Spot, was discovered by CT scan, I've got a date with the gamma knife to zap him out. Three dates, actually. Next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, my rad-onc is gonna kick Spot's li'l butt with her light saber. So far, we've gotten the insurance folks to play along, so let's hope it stays that way. Fingers crossed. Very, very grateful that I finally get to go see the woman with the power tools next week. It has taken a long time to get here, too long according to some medical professionals I happen to know. We're going to take a look at the root causes of delay in hopes that it doesn't happen to someone else.

Thankfully, I still feel quite well, with no real pain or symptoms from the tumor. I'm only dealing with that pesky anxiety that all metastatic cancer patients live with every day, wondering what each new scan result will bring. I'll know more about that at the end of July.

I hope this fancy and expensive treatment will keep disease progression under control for a good long while. I'm lucky to live where I have access to it and to have health insurance that will cover most of the cost. I think. So they say. At the moment. Okay, so I have trust issues when it comes to bureaucracies. I think that's pretty healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It should appear here within 24 hours.

  And so, another year around the sun. Here I am again with the few remaining blossoms on the “memorial” cherry tree we planted 7 birthdays ...