Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving

This time last year, I wasn't so certain I'd be typing this post, but ...here it is,Thanksgiving, one year out from a devastating cancer diagnosis. As John and I bustled around the kitchen this morning making a couple of Italian dishes to bring to the feast at our friends Tonia and J.P.'s house this afternoon, we kitchen-danced to whatever turned up on shuffle (everything from Roseanne Cash to Cake), and it felt .... normal. As in, a normal holiday. As in, here it is, a year out, and I'm dancing and cooking at the same time.

I could make a really long list of all the people and things for which I am incredibly grateful. But I'm gonna leave it right there. Dear ones. Dancing. Cooking. Thanksgiving. Flowers. A full moon. Breathing. One year out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It should appear here within 24 hours.

  And so, another year around the sun. Here I am again with the few remaining blossoms on the “memorial” cherry tree we planted 7 birthdays ...