Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving

This time last year, I wasn't so certain I'd be typing this post, but ...here it is,Thanksgiving, one year out from a devastating cancer diagnosis. As John and I bustled around the kitchen this morning making a couple of Italian dishes to bring to the feast at our friends Tonia and J.P.'s house this afternoon, we kitchen-danced to whatever turned up on shuffle (everything from Roseanne Cash to Cake), and it felt .... normal. As in, a normal holiday. As in, here it is, a year out, and I'm dancing and cooking at the same time.

I could make a really long list of all the people and things for which I am incredibly grateful. But I'm gonna leave it right there. Dear ones. Dancing. Cooking. Thanksgiving. Flowers. A full moon. Breathing. One year out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It should appear here within 24 hours.

World Lung Cancer Day is About Transformation

  Hello Friends, Butterflies are symbols of transformation and beauty, as well as symbols of hope. Today is World Lung Cancer Day. It is a d...