Monday, February 12, 2018

Scanxiety

I love how I keep learning all kinds of new vocabulary since I've found myself in Cancerland. So, tomorrow I have my first CT scan since I began treatment. From reading other cancer blogs and patient forums, I've learned the word for how one feels the night before an imaging procedure.  Scanxiety. Because I want good results, of course. Ideally, I'd like a "clean scan" showing no evidence of disease (NED), but it's probably too early in my treatment cycle for that. So, I'll settle for shrinkage. Lots of shrinkage. Melting tumors. Yes please. Results on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It should appear here within 24 hours.

  And so, another year around the sun. Here I am again with the few remaining blossoms on the “memorial” cherry tree we planted 7 birthdays ...